Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Post Production post for Week 1

When I first attending PP1 lecture, I was thinking, "What is all this?!" I was seriously confused because I had no idea what all of it was about. The endless mind maps with super confusing arrows that led to everywhere.

It seemed intimidating, but after a month of delving deeper into it as well as being aided by further explanation by David(hello! :p ), it became more comprehensable. The readings on convergence media was refreshing and changed the way that I used to view traditional forms of media.

When I was back in secondary school in Singapore (I think it's the high school equivalent here), I used to watch television all the time as compared to when I was in primary school and radio was what I tuned in to most of the time. I did not register both of them as being linked. For me, radio was radio, and TV was simply TV.

Back in my poly days, I came to find out more about the media industries through my mass communications diploma and boy was it fun! As we did advertising projects, we found out that the most effective way to reach the masses was by all 4 main forms of media, namely print, radio, tv and the internet. That was where we realised that these different forms actually work together as a single powerful tool!

The readings on convergence media further elaborated how the conglomerates were each trying to grasp the key to maximizing their own form of media. Those readings were good in helping me to have a clearer view how convergence works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment