Saturday, June 19, 2010

Content Producer Assignment Final Blog Post

When we first started out with our Content Producer groups, we started out clueless as to how we can come up with a project to link up with My Tribe. We thought through numerous ideas, we came up with a plan for producing a short film showing the different tribes that are out there, like bands, football, costume players and more. However, we realised that it was not easy to get hold of many groups of people to film.

In one of the earlier meetings that only Emily and I were at, I came up with the idea of each gathering different forms of media that the different tribes had and posting them up on a website to showcase what the life of their tribe was like. We later worked on it to come up with the final project title of Why Not Worship which can be seen below,

http://whynotworship.tumblr.com/

I came up with eight different poems that was posted up. However, as we were short on space that was needed for the other tribes, my poems were merged into those of a similar category. I went to Scotts Church for an audio recording of the choir on a Sunday morning, this turned out beautifully and I couldn't have hoped for more. I combined my audio piece with the poems that I wrote on religion. I wrote poems on fashion, football, music, bands and gaming as well. All these can be seen in the website.

Things I have learnt:

As I was more focused on doing the SMP project, I did not focus on this as much as I would have liked and this is a waste as I would have been able to do so much more for this project if I had devoted more time to this instead on the SMP job. This is something that I have learnt in terms of time allocation. Getting the group to contribute material on the tribes that they are covering was quite a challenge, but I think that this might be due to majority giving more attention to their individual SMP jobs and hence, not being able to devote more time to our content producing project. However, during the later part of the semester, we managed to pull up our socks and work more actively on our content producing as our SMP projects ended earlier.

Self assessment:

Although more could have been done for our final project, I am please with the contributions that each of us had spent time and effort doing despite all the other essays and final projects that coincided around the same time frame.

The first criteria that our group had for our individual assessment was attendence at meetings, this I fulfilled by attending all the meetings and contributed actively on a constant basis by giving ideas on what to do and how to go about doing them. The final idea of the different tribes' pieces is one of the ideas that I came up with.

Furthermore, I encouraged the team members when they felt that we were not doing smoothly and constantly tried, together with Emily, to get the group to meet more often to discuss and collate our ideas.

When we allocated our tasks, I did my part by taking time during the weekends to go to the different churches to see which church's choir would be good for a sound recording for the project. I also took a time to think up of poems that would go well with all the other contributions of my other groupmates and wrote them. I managed to set deadlines for the stages in our project and managed to meet them.

Finally, we managed to meet up and edit through the website together and making sure all went well for the presentation and presented with Gab at the final event.

For this project, I will give myself 84% for the effort and time that was put in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment